Sunday, March 28, 2010

Recovery: Week 3

This was the last week of recovery from the Princess Half. I did feel noticeably stronger all week, which was a very good thing. I was hoping the "jello leg" feeling wouldn't last forever! LOL

Monday - 40 minute run
Tuesday - 35 minute bike ride (cross training)
Wednesday - 40 minute run
Thursday - 75 minute ballet class
Friday - rest
Saturday - 5 mile run
Sunday - rest

I find myself in a strange situation now... I have two 10Ks and a few 5Ks scheduled over the next few months. But I don't have any particular training plan to follow. I really, really like the comfort of a schedule! So I'm going to try to come up with my own schedule for the spring. I really want to get out and do some bike riding outside of my neighborhood, which means I'll have to do it on a weekend. The owner of the bike store where I got my bike mentioned to me that they have ladies' only bike rides on Saturday mornings, and I would love to try that. But first I'd like to get a few rides under my belt that don't involve the 1.5 mile loop that is my neighborhood! LOL I am still very nervous on my bike, especially when I go faster, like on a downhill.

I would also like to get us back to the swimming pool. The kids and I usually swim all winter, but with training for the half-marathon, my only cross-training days were not days that were convenient for getting to the pool. So I'll add a swimming day back into our routine, and then during the summer we'll swim a lot. I wish there was a plan like Couch to 5K for swimming! I am not a good swimmer at all, but I hope the regular practice will help that.

So my week will include a couple of days of running, a couple of days of swimming, and a couple of days of biking - and until the middle of May, my ballet class! :) I'm not sure how long of each of those I will set out to do. I will have a longer bike ride and a longer run on the weekends, but during the week, I'm leaning towards 3 mile runs and 30 minutes or so on the bike. With the pool... no clue at all how to work that! I'll play it by ear!

Still can't believe I trained for, completed, and recovered from a half-marathon! WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment