Thursday, March 4, 2010

Training: The Last Week!

I can't believe it's the last week of training! The half-marathon is less than 3 days away now! It's been a really long road to get to this point, not just with the training program, but with starting running back in 2008 with this half-marathon as my goal!

Here is this week's schedule:

Monday - 30 minute run (10:30 pace)
Tuesday - Walk Strong DVD (cross training)
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 30 minute run (12:12 pace), plus form drills
Friday - rest
Saturday - 20 minute easy jog
Sunday - HALF MARATHON!!

As you can see, my pacing continued to be off on Monday. But I was determined today to get it under control. I left the mp3 player at home, and set out in the cold and sun. I was rewarded for my efforts with an excellent run and beautiful (albeit chilly) weather. It was around 34 when I left, but the birds were out in full force! I think they must have Spring Fever like we all do down south! It was lovely to hear them singing, except for the one whose call sounded more like, "Move it move it move it"! He startled me! :)

I'm so glad I ran this morning, and even moreso that I left the tunes at home. I've been so incredibly nervous all week, but this morning's run really helped me!

Check back next week for race details and pictures! :)

2 comments: