Monday, May 24, 2010

Off Season Training: Week 8

It's hard to believe that it's Week 8... 11 weeks since the Princess Half! That's sort of surreal to consider. In some ways it seems like it was just yesterday, but most of the time it feels like it was a very long time ago.

I got some good training in this week, despite it being our busiest week of the year!

Monday - rest
Tuesday - run 40 minutes (4 miles)
Wednesday - swim (8 laps)
Thursday - run 40 minutes (4 miles)
Friday - rest/push ups initial test
Saturday - run 6.6 miles (1:11:43)
Sunday - bike 8.7 miles (44:53)

During my swim this week, I broke it up into 2 four lap segments. The first two laps I did without a rest, then I would do one lap and rest, then the fourth lap and rest. I repeated that entire section to get the total 8 laps.

I got up early over the weekend and got my workouts in before we had to go to dress rehearsal and the recitals! It was a great way to start the morning and clear my head before the busy day!

I have a 5K race next Monday so my training will be a little different this week! And I also have an exciting announcement to make... something big will be starting on Monday! ;) You'll have to wait and see, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment