Monday, May 31, 2010

What a way to begin training!

Today is my first day of training for the Disneyland Half Marathon! As it happens, today is also the Dacula Memorial Day 5K! Since my training plan called for 30 minutes of running, I figured I was set! LOL

Here I am before the race... I'm wearing the singlet my BFF gave me for my birthday! In case you can't tell what it says, it's "This IS my race pace." I absolutely love it! I've been waiting to wear it for 2 months! :)

Here is the requisite "race shirt" picture! I am really pleased with how I did today.
My goal was to come in under 30 minutes for the first time ever, and I did! My Garmin says 28:34 and the clock time said 28:52, so either way, I met my goal! My previous PR was 31:45 (at this particular race last year), so I really made a lot of improvement! There's something about coming in under 30 minutes in the 5K that really excites me! LOL

2 comments: