Saturday, June 5, 2010

Disneyland Half Marathon Training: Week 1

It's hard to believe that it's Half Marathon training time again! Week 1 went very well! I am modifying the plan a bit to fit my needs, so the planned time/distance will be in black and my actual time will be in blue.

Monday - 30 minute run (28:34 5K race)
Tuesday - 30 minute cross training/XT (6.6 miles/33.39)
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 30 minute run/form (40:00/3.8 miles)
Friday - 30 minute XT (90 minute ballet class Thursday night)
Saturday - 2 mile long run (6.6 miles/1:08:53)
Sunday - rest

The changes were because I was already at a certain level of training in preparation for a July 4th race, and I didn't see any reason to step backward. I did that last winter when I trained for the Princess and I felt like it made it harder when it was time to start stepping up the duration/length of my running! I hope it doesn't come back to bite me later!

One thing I noticed this week as I begin the training program is that the anxiety and apprehension aren't there like they were last time! I know that I'm capable of running the distance in the allotted time, and I'm just working on getting my endurance back up to where it needs to be! It makes it so much nicer!

The hardest part of training this time is going to be the heat and humidity. I've been running around 7:30 AM and it's already 70 degrees and 97% humidity, which is REALLY unpleasant! Today I got to the park at 6:30 and by the time I finished, I was dripping with sweat. It almost makes me long for the days when I had to bundle up with hat and mittens to train! LOL

1 week down... 13 more to go!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment