Sunday, June 20, 2010

Disneyland Half Marathon Training: Week 3

It's really hard to believe that Week 3 is already done! Here's what I did this past week:

Monday - rest
Tuesday - 45 minute run
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 45 minute run, plus form drills
Friday - 30 minute bike ride
Saturday - long run (6.6 miles)
Sunday - rest

I woke up overnight Friday/Saturday with my left leg feeling very sore around the outer thigh. I did everything I could do to stretch it out but I could never find the place where it would get relief. I decided to go ahead and attempt my long run, and if I couldn't do it I would just go home. But I was able to run with no problem. It only hurt when I was walking or standing still! I took 2 motrin when I came home because the family was going to see Toy Story 3 and I didn't want to hurt while sitting so long. As the day went on and the meds wore off, I noticed it didn't hurt as much. And then by this morning it's basically gone. Quite strange!

I also completed Week 4 of the hundred push up challenge and took the next exhaustion test. I was able to complete 37 consecutive push ups! Yeah, it's still quite a way from 100, but it amazes me nonetheless! I will begin Week 5 of 6 tomorrow. I may be repeating week 5, depending on how well I am able to do! :)

On to Week 4 of Half Marathon training!! I'm hoping to get my new shoes this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment