Sunday, August 1, 2010

Disneyland Half Marathon Training: Week 9

End of July already! Now I can say I'm running in Disneyland "next month"! 5 weeks from today! WOOHOO!

Monday - 50 minute run
Tuesday - swam 16 laps (1/2 mile)
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 50 minute run, plus form drills
Friday - swam 16 laps (1/2 mile)
Saturday - 8 mile run
Sunday - rest

I swam twice this week since I knew I likely won't get to swim this coming week because of jury duty. Tuesday the swimming went really, really well - but then on Friday it was dreadful. @@

Running was dreadful this week. It doesn't matter how early I get up, it's just too darn hot and humid to enjoy it.

I'm starting to really feel my training now. I have to wear supportive shoes all the time now, or my feet start to ache. I remember this happening last time, too, but it was easier to wear shoes because it was cold out! :) During the summer I want to go barefoot all the time or wear my little crocs. And I can - if I want my feet to pay the price. Ugh.

Here are July's totals :
Running - 72.34 miles
Cycling - 51.13 miles
Swimming - 2 miles

One would think I'd be able to eat whatever I want, huh? Sorry... I'm craving pretzel M&Ms! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment