Saturday, August 7, 2010

Disneyland Half Marathon Training: Week 10

Into the double digits of the training plan!!

Monday - 60 minute run
Tuesday - 40 minute bike ride
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 50 minute run, plus form drills
Friday - 1/2 mile swim
Saturday - 6. 6 mile run
Sunday - rest

This week's training went very well! I had to make an important decision this week with regards to my training, and I think I made the right one. You see, I've been trying to knock out 5 pounds that just won't seem to go away. I know my body is capable of losing them, because I was down there back in the winter. But over the last 6 months or so, those 5 pounds have attached themselves to me, and they won't budge. I've been really watching what I eat, and of course I know I'm getting enough exercise, but the scale mocks me. So I was trying to limit what I eat even more... and I think it was having a negative impact on my ability to train. I remembered what I read in Marathoning for Mortals about training time not being a good time to try to lose weight, so I decided to listen to my body. If I felt hungry, I'd drink a glass of water, and if I was still hungry after 30 minutes, I would eat something. I don't know if it's mental or not, but my training went much, much better this week. I guess I'll have to work on those pounds after my half marathons are over.

Overall, training is going very well this time around - better than last time, I think. During my training for the Princess Half, my muscles would shake all night and I wasn't sleeping well. And while I was running, I was worried and focused on, "Can I do this? Will I get swept?" This time I know I can do it, and I think my fitness level is higher than it was then, and I enjoy my runs a lot more (at least as much as I can during this nasty hot and humid weather! LOL). I'm finding myself much more excited than nervous, and that makes it a LOT more fun!!

On a very exciting note, yesterday I downloaded my waiver for the DL Half and discovered my bib number: #5881!! It's not an even number which is a little disconcerting, but if you add up the digits, you get 22, and that IS an even number. Also, this will be my 2nd half and my 2nd Disney race, so there you get the 2-2. I think that will work just fine!

The race is 4 weeks from tomorrow!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment