Saturday, August 14, 2010

Disneyland Half Marathon Training - Week 11

Here it is!! The pinnacle week for my half-marathon training!!!

Monday - 60 minute run
Tuesday - 30 minute bike ride
Wednesday - 1/4 mile swim (split the cross-training into two days so I could get some swimming in)
Thursday - 50 minute run, plus form drills
Friday - 1/2 mile swim
Saturday - 10 MILE RUN!!
Sunday - rest

I went into the week marveling at how easy training had been this time around. How I hadn't really felt bad like I did last time. Well, by the end of the week, I was feeling like an idiot for boasting about that! LOL Training hit me hard, both mentally and physically. We also started back to school this week, which surely didn't help. And I had several projects around the house that needed to be finished. It was overwhelming!

And it seemed like everything was going bad... I hurt my leg on Monday during a project, and then the weather forecast was calling for thunderstorms, and I found out on Thursday that my new skirt would not be here in time to test it on 10 miles. It seemed like everything was going wrong.

But this morning when I woke up for my 10 mile run, the forecast had changed and the storms were going to hold off. My leg was feeling much better, and I was assured by my fellow "MouSKIRTeers" that an 8 mile run next week would be sufficient to test my new skirt! I got my 10 miles in, and while it wasn't easy, I did it!

So now the tapering begins! Let's hope Taper Madness doesn't set in too badly! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment