Sunday, August 22, 2010

Disneyland Half Marathon Training: Week 12

This was one of those weeks where I had to listen to my body and practice flexibility in my training program! Saturday evening and into Sunday morning last week I started feeling like I was coming down with something. By Tuesday morning, it had knocked me out completely! Here's what training looked like as I attempted to recover:

Monday - rest (sick)
Tuesday - rest (sick)
Wednesday - rest (scheduled, but still sick)
Thursday - 50 minute run
Friday - 30 minute bike ride
Saturday - 8 mile run (plus about another half mile running to get out of the pouring rain)
Sunday - rest

It was horrible being sick so close to the race. All in all I took 4 days off. I don't think I've taken 4 days off in a row since I began running!! I was really afraid that my training would suffer, and it did, but only slightly. My breathing capacity has been reduced because of the congestion, so it felt much harder to run - even though I was running the same pace as before. I probably should have focused more on running a slower pace, but I've been REALLY struggling with my pacing this time around.

I can't believe the race is only 2 weeks away! I can't believe I haven't started packing already! LOL Everything has been so busy around my house, I just haven't had time to start yet. I think next weekend, once the weather forecast for southern California is posted, I'll get out my suitcase (Disney, of course) and start packing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment