Thursday, September 2, 2010

Getting closer!

I haven't had much time to update this week, and I was actually not wanting to talk much about the race anyway. A couple of weeks ago, my leg started hurting - the right leg (my "trouble" leg) down on the side of my shin. It really peaked after Monday's run this week. I've been so worried that I would not be able to finish the race. I've been really scared. Since Monday, I've been icing my leg 3 times a day, and taking ibuprofen right before bed. It didn't hurt on Tuesday during my bike ride, but it did bother me throughout the rest of the day. However, yesterday was better, and it was a rest day which was sure to help. Today would be the real test as I would have to run on it again. I planned to go back to my old mantra of "low and slow" and see how everything felt. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no pain or even discomfort at all. Of course, I averaged 11:33 miles, so I was slower than a turtle - but that's OK! The only thing that matters is crossing the finish line on Sunday and getting my Coast to Coast medal!

I started packing last night, which is very late for me. I wasn't able to pack too much because I still need things for today and tomorrow. But that's OK, too. I packed what I could, and the rest can wait. We're not leaving until late tomorrow night anyway so I have plenty of time!

I can't believe the race is only 3 days away! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment