Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Post Disneyland Recovery?

This is my 2nd post for today - so scroll down if you missed the race pictures from Disneyland! :)

It's been a little over 2 weeks since the Disneyland Half Marathon and you may be wondering where my "recovery" week posts are. Well, there aren't any!

Why??

Because I am jumping into another half marathon, so I have to train all over again! LOL This half marathon will be a local one, and it has me quite nervous. It's one thing to run 13.1 miles on the flat streets of Florida or California. It's a completely different thing to run 13.1 miles on the "rolling hills" of north Georgia! But I'm doing it because it's my BFF's first half-marathon!!

I only have 3 more weeks (in addition to this one) before it's time to taper already. And there won't be any traveling for this half, so I'm anxious to see how that plays into my performance. (Hmmm, how will I run when I haven't spent the day or two before walking through Disney or airports??? LOL)

As far as recovery is concerned, though... I seem to have bounced back from this half-marathon much better than I did from the Princess. I'm not sure if that's mental thing, or if I'm truly in better condition than I was 6 months ago. I do know that I have mostly looked forward to running (especially when we were at the beach last week), and that is something that was lacking after the Princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment