Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's my birthday! :)

Two years ago today, I took my first real step on this journey to becoming an adult-onset athlete. I still don't completely believe that the term "athlete" is appropriate for me, but I'm not sure what else to call it! I run 3 days a week, bike one day, swim one day, and do a ballet class one day. I guess I just think of "athletes" being folks like my son and husband who play baseball, tennis, etc.

Regardless, two years ago I set out on this wonderful adventure that has changed my life! I could never have imagined that two years later I would have run two half-marathons (including one clear on the west coast!), and be in preparation for 2 more within the next 5 weeks!!

And to think it all started with Couch to 5K! And a decent pair of shoes! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment