Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Atlanta Half Marathon: Training

Monday - 3 mile run
Tuesday - swim lesson
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - 4 mile run/60 minute ballet class
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 5K race
Sunday - Rest

Yeah, lots of rest last week following the Zooma Half! I woke up every single day with something different hurting me. It was such an unpleasant experience. I think it wasn't until Saturday when I actually woke up and nothing hurt. My left foot is still rather sore, even today, but it doesn't bother me when I run, so I'm not exactly sure what that's all about. I wonder if my shoes are dead, since I've been running in them since May 31st, including training for and running two halfs in that time. I will be changing shoes after the Atlanta Half, so just another 10 days or so.

I had another swim lesson with my coach. He said my stroke looks great, which was a relief! I've been so worried that I've been practicing it wrong. So now my goal is just to get comfortable with the stroke and not use up so much energy. He had me working on relaxing when I swim, which is such a challenge for me because I get very nervous that I'm going to drown! LOL But I did several laps at the end of my workout where I just focused on relaxing and it went pretty well! He likened it to the relaxed pace of running a long distance, where you have to just take your time so you have energy for the long haul!

Only 9 days until the half...

No comments:

Post a Comment