Friday, January 21, 2011

The January BLAHS

This week has just been awful for running. I did my 'long run' on Sunday instead of Saturday last week because I took my son to the Nascar Hall of Fame on Saturday. That was a really long drive (4 hours each way, including stopping for food) plus the time spent at the Hall of Fame. Then Saturday night my littlest was up all night with an ear infection. It was a pretty day at the park for a run on Sunday, though. The trail was still a little covered with ice/snow so we had to be careful. I was planning to just do 5 but caught my BFF at the end of her last long run before her Half Fanatic qualifier, so I just finished up with her. I think it ended up being a little more than 5.5 miles.

Monday I ran my regular 4, and it was miserable. Pure and simple. Ick. Tuesday was a dreadful day and I felt really poorly, so I didn't end up doing anything at all. Thus ending my participation in the 100 day challenge. Oh well. I think I do enough exercise on a regular basis to make up for it! LOL

Wednesday I ran my regular 4 miles again and it was dreadful yet again. How discouraging.

Yesterday (Thursday) I felt much better physically, so I got up and did Level 1 of Jillian's 30 Day Shred. Then last night was ballet class, where we learned how to do pirouettes - or rather, "Let's see Jen try to spin around on one leg and NOT fall over". It was interesting to say the least.

When I got home last night my right knee was really aching, and it's still doing it today. I'm hoping that it's just a little over-exertion. That knee is always the one that cues me in on when I'm doing too much or going too fast. I'm planning to hit the pool today, so hoping that the water will stretch it out and help it feel better. I've got 7-8 miles planned for tomorrow and a bike ride on Sunday afternoon.

But the Princess Half is 5 weeks from Sunday, so I won't push it! Of course, I don't feel like I've been pushing it, but my knee is telling me otherwise. :( I still can't believe I'm going to be "Running Through the Castle" again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment