Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Looking back... and looking forward!

2010 was a huge year for me with regards to my running. I ran my first half-marathon!! And then I went on to run three more - and within 82 days of each other, to qualify me for Half Fanatics status! At the beginning of the year I had only ever run about 6.6 miles for my longest run... now that distance feels relatively 'short'! :)

I'll never forget the day I ran 10 miles for the first time - and how scared I was, and how proud I was when I did it!

I'll never, EVER forget my first half-marathon! I actually cried when I crossed the finish line.

I still can't believe that I went all the way to California and earned the Coast-to-Coast medal!! Sometimes that doesn't even seem real!

I'm excited to tackle some new challenges in 2011! The biggest one is, of course, the triathlon in June. I'm nervous, but I recognize it as the same sort of nervous I get before a big event - I'm sure Ill be able to complete it. It may not be pretty, and it definitely won't be fast, but I know I can do it! Training for that will begin in April.

I'm also doing the Warrior Dash this year, in May. That's going to be a lot of fun. My goal for that one is to avoid getting the sort of injury that Heather at RunFasterMommy got! LOL I don't want to have to miss the triathlon. But I do hope I end up with a really cool picture like she did of me jumping over the fire! ;)

Finally, I hope to begin full marathon training at the end of August. My goal is the 2012 Walt Disney World Marathon in January (the 2011 version is taking place this weekend and I'm so envious of all my ROTE friends who are participating!). I'm nervous about being able to afford to make the trip, however. I use whatever gas money is left over from the amount I have budgeted for myself each week to pay for races, but unfortunately, gas prices have risen steadily recently. At least I have a full 12 months to save up for this trip. I really don't have a desire to run a full marathon anywhere but WDW, but I would also really love to have one under my belt before I hit that most horrible of birthday milestones in April of 2012.

We'll have to see how it all plays out... maybe that's incentive to keep reading my blog, right? Will she? Or won't she? LOL

Happy New Year!! Run hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment