Monday, May 16, 2011

Triathlon Training: Week 6 recap

The drop-back week was very much appreciated by my body! LOL Here is what the week looked like:

Monday - 1200 yd. swim
Tuesday - brick (15 minute bike ride/15 minute run)
Wednesday - rest (I swapped Tuesday and Wednesday because of family obligations)
Thursday - 30 minute run, 1100 meter swim
Friday - rest
Saturday - Warrior Dash!
Sunday - 45 minute bike ride

I was glad to have a lighter schedule of training last week to rest up for the Warrior Dash. Also, we had a busy week so I don't know how I would have fit the workouts in with our school work and activities. This coming week will be the toughest training of the plan, and it would coincide with our busiest week of the school year. We have 2 dance recitals, a 6 hour long dress rehearsal, a glee club concert, my son's 15th birthday, a baseball game, 3 dance classes, a concert from my favorite band, and the premier of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides! If I live through it all, it will be a miracle! :) Thankfully, we wrapped up our lessons for year last Friday!

On a side note, I am feeling better about the Warrior Dash now! Lots of folks were posting on the Facebook wall about how it was harder than last year's dash. I think I was just expecting the obstacles to be on a lesser level from the things I had read about Warrior Dash, and I guess they stepped it up a bit this year, which took me by surprise. That's OK, though! :) I did all of the obstacles... and finished the challenge! That's all that matters! I'm still not sure if I will do it next year or not, but that's more because of money issues and there being other races I would like to try. Unfortunately, I can't do them all! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment