Monday, May 23, 2011

Triathlon Training: Week 7 recap

Well, I did it! I lived through the busiest week of our spring and the heaviest week of triathlon training! It was iffy there for awhile, but I managed. I even managed to get today's training in (the first day of Week 8) after being gone at dance rehearsals/recitals for 20 of the last 48 hours!

Monday - 45 minute run/1200 yard swim
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - brick (45 minute bike ride/15 minute run)
Thursday - 1000 meter swim/40 minute run
Friday- rest
Saturday - 6.54 mile run
Sunday - 19.58 mile bike ride

The one thing that did fall to the wayside this week was my arm and ab work. But I'm really Ok with that because I only had so many hours in the day. I'll pick both up back tomorrow. I didn't drink nearly enough water this week, though, so today I'm going to drink some gatorade and see if I can get myself rehydrated.

The bike ride yesterday was really, really tedious. Since I'm not comfortable with biking on the street, and I didn't have time to venture to a destination, that left me with my regular 2.2 mile park loop. It was so boring. And one thing I've noticed on these longer bike rides is that my wrists get really sore, especially my left one. I'm not sure why this is... I may try to google that later on.

This week I need to practice transitions, since I didn't get to that last week. Only 12 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment