Sunday, May 29, 2011

Triathlon Training: Week 8 recap

This week served to confirm to me that it's not always the busiest and hardest weeks that are rough, but the time right afterward when you are trying to recover! :)

Monday - 45 minute run, 1000 yard swim
Tuesday - rest
Wednesday - "brick" (45 minute bike ride/15 minute run)
Thursday - 1000 yard swim, 4 mile run
Friday - rest
Saturday - 6.53 mile run
Sunday - 15.22 mile bike ride

I was able to get my swimming done at the YMCA this week. They offered a 7 day guest pass, and I had always wanted to see what they had to offer. Unfortunately, because of some unexpected stuff that came up, I was only able to get over there to swim. I really wanted to do a Yoga class or a Zumba class, but I didn't have time. But at least I was able to swim, which was good for my confidence.

The rest of the workouts were more challenging than they had been before. My right shin really hurt during the run portion of the brick, like it did back during the first time I did a brick. I stopped running twice to see if I could "reset" but that didn't help. However, after about a mile and a half, it just went away and I didn't have any further trouble with it. Not sure what caused the trouble. The other run workouts this week were also rough, I guess because it was so humid.

But now, here I am 6 days away from THE EVENT! The physical work is done, and now the mental work begins! I am going to spend the next days mentally preparing for the race, going over the transitions in my mind, and visualizing how the race goes. And I'll probably spend a good bit of time praying, too!!! But I'm going to stay positive! :) My brain naturally goes to the worst that can happen (flat tire, anyone???) but I'm not going to let it get to me!!

I am actually getting excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment