Sunday, July 3, 2011

Marathon Training Recap: Week 3

Busy holiday weekend and lots of running news so I will have to keep this particular entry short! Here is what training looked like this week s:

Monday - 60 minute Zumba class (40 minute run)
Tuesday - 40 minute run, 5/1 intervals (35 minute run)
Wednesday - 35 minute run (30 minute XT)
Thursday - 40 minute run, plus form drills
Friday - rest
Saturday - 7 mile run, 5/1 intervals
Sunday - rest

I did somewhat better at keeping to the schedule, and though I will miss the Zumba class, I think it did not do nice things to my legs. The intervals truly helped this week, though!

This coming week will be another wonky one on the schedule because of the Peachtree Road Race tomorrow. The schedule has me dropping back a little bit, so I will adjust the rest of the week's mileage accordingly by adding an extra XT day on Tuesday.

Have some exciting news to share... but that will have to wait until after the holidays are over! Some of you may already know, but the rest of you will just have to wait and see! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Independence Day. Enjoy the freedom you have to run, race, or just kick back and enjoy time with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment