Saturday, July 9, 2011

Marathon Training Recap: Week 4

Being the numbers person that I am, it makes me a little excited to think that I am 20% done with marathon training. Of course, that means that there is 80% left to go, but let's just ignore that part, shall we??

This is what training looked like this week:

Monday - Peachtree Road Race (40 minute run)
Tuesday - 1200 meter swim (35 minute run)
Wednesday - 30 minute bike ride
Thursday - 40 minute run, plus form drills
Friday - rest
Saturday - 6.48 mile run (6 mile run)
Sunday - rest

I did a much better job sticking to the training plan this week, the race thing aside. I tried to keep to the overall weekly mileage that was called for, but just divided it up a little differently.

This coming week is a another step up for the short daily runs, but after this week, those basically stay the same for 7 weeks, while the long runs get LONG. Then there is one last step up for the short runs, but that doesn't come along until September. I'm hoping I will settle nicely into the training, and the long runs won't hurt too badly! ;)

I think my Monday runs are going to be intervals, and my Tuesdays will be some hills (at least for as long as I can get over to the park). I am not sure about Thursdays, if they will need to be intervals or not, I will play that by ear. Of course, the long runs from here on out will be intervals. I think we're going to try some 10/1 and 7/1 intervals to compare with the 5/1 and see which works the best.

Happy Running, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment