Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sink or swim?

In my quest to stay close(er) to the training schedule set forth by the runners Bingham and Hadfield (Which movie?? Anyone??), I decided to cross train today instead of run. Yesterday's run was only supposed to be 40 minutes and I ended up with 63 minutes (plus a lot of walking) and today's run was supposed to be 35 minutes. I don't want to go way over on miles, since this is supposed to be a drop-back week, so I decided it would be a perfect day to get back into the water!!

I have done ONE swim since the triathlon and that was just a few days after the event. So nearly a month has passed since I was in the water, and I really find that I have missed it. I was afraid that I would have forgotten how to swim properly (or at all!) in this month off, and I was a little nervous. But apparently it's like riding a bike... or so we shall see tomorrow when I get back on the bike for the first time in nearly a month! LOL

I was surprised at how nice it felt to swim again, and I was glad to see that I really hadn't lost much of my stamina in the water. I was able to do the 'long swim' workout that I did during tri training, and I don't think I was that much slower than before. Of course, I'm not sure I could go much slower without actually sinking! ;)

I'm hoping to alternate swimming and biking during my cross training days for the remainder of marathon training. Maybe it will be kinder on my legs than Zumba has been! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment