Saturday, August 20, 2011

Marathon Training Recap: Week 10

It's the halfway point!!!!!

Can you believe marathon training is half over already?? I sure can't! It seems to be going by very quickly! This week was a cut-back week, and this is what it looked like:

Monday - 45 minute run (5/1 interval)
Tuesday - 40 minute run
Wednesday - 40 minute bike ride
Thursday - 45 minute run, form drills
Friday - rest day
Saturday - 6 mile run
Sunday - rest day

It was a good week for training. The mornings were cool during the week, and it felt invigorating to get out there. The mileage didn't feel overwhelming and I decided to try running without the intervals a couple of days, mostly to prove to myself that I still could.

My spirits were much better this week, and I haven't been so discouraged (even though my minutes per mile have been slower than I'd like, I understand that for me it's just how my body works when I'm adding mileage). In fact, this is probably the first week in over a month that I have actually thought "I can do this!"

I still have the monster blister on my pinky toe. It doesn't hurt - not at all. But it is truly enormous! I'd post a picture but I'm afraid that would gross everyone out. It's at least as large as my actual toe! LOL I've just been doing plenty of Body Glide on it, and that seems to be working to keep it from hurting or getting larger. It just looks awful - and it's so strange. Can't decide whether or not to drain it. Since it's not hurting, I am afraid to mess with it.

Well, that's about it... will try to get some more posting done this week besides just the weekly recap! I'm never going to get folks to want to sponsor me in races if I don't get to posting more frequently, am I? LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment