Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Runniversary!

Yesterday, August 29th, was the 3rd anniversary of a very important date in my running career: the date that my friend Jan first mentioned running to me! It was 2008, and she wanted me to run the Princess Half Marathon at Disney in 2010. It's hard to believe it was that long ago - but at the same time, it's hard to believe that that first half marathon was only last year. It really seems as if I've been running FOREVER! LOL

I usually count October 21st, 2008 as my true "Runniversary", though, because that's the date I really started running regularly. If you'll remember, I ran for the first time on August 30th - and the second time on September 1st, and then promptly injured myself and was out for the next 6 weeks! Say it with me, friends: GET GOOD SHOES!!! LOL

So, I guess that my true "Runniversary" would be today - the first day I ever ran in my life! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment