Sunday, September 4, 2011

Marathon Training Recap: Week 12

This week begins the pattern of an 8 mile "shorter" run in between each of the increasingly longer long runs. It's the make-or-break time of marathon training!

Monday - 45 minute run
Tuesday - 44 minute run
Wednesday - 40 minute swim
Thursday - 50 minute run, plus form drills
Friday - rest day
Saturday - 8.12 mile run (7/1 interval)
Sunday - rest day

Training went very well this week. The running during the week was a bit longer than usual, but it wasn't too bad. I didn't need to run intervals for any of those runs. The long run on Saturday went well. Just an uneventful week of training, I suppose. I am feeling a little tender today but I think that is mostly from the fact that I sat on my legs/feet while doing laundry yesterday. @@ Laundry is hazardous to my marathon training. I think I should stop doing it!! LOL

Tomorrow I have another race - not just a virtual one this time, either! And we are expecting the remnants of Tropical Storm Lee to come through! So it may not be a run so much as a swim! Be sure to check back tomorrow for the race report and pictures - my BFF got a waterproof camera so we should be able to have a few pics at least! (But no Garmin tracking! LOL)




No comments:

Post a Comment