Sunday, September 11, 2011

Marathon Training Recap: Week 13

This week's training began well until I came down with a cold. I guess running in the cold and drizzle on Monday and Tuesday really didn't work well for my body.

Monday - Big Peach Sizzler 10K
Tuesday - 35 minute run (adjusted time to take the race into consideration)
Wednesday - rest day (sick)
Thursday - 45 minute run, plus form drills
Friday - rest day
Saturday - 16 mile run, including Operation Soldier Support 5K
Sunday - rest day

Overall, the running part of the training was fine. The key for me is to keep my pace under control. I have to keep re-learning the hard way that, when I don't keep to my training pace, my legs suffer for it. And then the rest of my training suffers as well. Hopefully, this week is the last week that I will have to re-learn that lesson!

I can't believe there are only 7 weeks left until the marathon - and really, only two more LONG RUNS!! 18 miles and 20 miles are all that are left! In between those I just do 8 milers! It's going by so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment