Sunday, September 25, 2011

Marathon Training Recap: Week 15

75% of the way through with training! And this week I had a great place to run - the Port Orleans resort at Walt Disney World!!

Monday - 48 minute run (5/1 intervals); walking around Disney World
Tuesday - walking around Disney World
Wednesday - 40 minute run (5/1 intervals); walking around Disney World
Thursday - 48 minute run (5/1 intervals); walking around Disney World
Friday - walking around Disney World (half day)
Saturday - 18 mile run (7/1 intervals)
Sunday - rest day

I woke early each morning before my mom and the girls and ran the lighted trails at the resort. I had to change the training around a little bit to accommodate our vacation schedule. Tuesday we had a breakfast at 8 AM which meant we had to leave the room by 7AM, and then we had the Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom and didn't get back until nearly 1 AM. So, obviously, no time to run that day. I ran on Wednesday instead. LOL

We spent Friday morning at Downtown Disney, and left at 2:00 PM to drive home, arriving at 10:20 PM. I went to sleep and woke up at 6:00 to go run. Of course, this meant that I had to do my 18 mile run on tired Disney legs, but it was either do that and get to run with my BFF, or go on Sunday alone. And since it took us 3 hours and 24 minutes, I am glad I wasn't all alone.

I guess it went pretty good. We were able to maintain a fairly even pace through the entire run, and overall averaged 11:20 miles (including 8 water breaks where we stopped completely). This is very encouraging since we have to maintain 14 minute miles for 20 miles to beat the bridge! We should have a 30 minute cushion, plus the time when we usually stop for water but will still be walking during the race.

Only one more long run - 20 miles! It is really absolutely impossible to believe!! Training is nearly done and the race is 5 weeks from today! Now that I'm back from my Disney vacation, I'll be able to devote more time to planning for my trip! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment