Sunday, October 16, 2011

Marathon Training Recap: Week 18

I don't even have to check my training log for this one! LOL

Monday - rest (knee)
Tuesday - rest (knee)
Wednesday - 40 minute run (intervals)
Thursday - rest (knee)
Friday - rest (knee)
Saturday - rest (knee)
Sunday - rest (knee)

You know the other weeks that I said were the hardest in training? I was mistaken. THIS was the hardest week of training. Resting - not running, only doing the stretch/ice/rest/repeat drama - has obeen the hardest thing. I know in my heart and in my head that it is the right thing to do. But my body has so much energy and it doesn't know what to do with it. Add to that the nervous energy from wondering what's going to happen and the ups and downs of my emotions this past week and I'm feeling lucky to have lived through it mentally intact! LOL

I was finally able to email Coach Bill (my triathlon coach) yesterday and tell him what was going on. He suggested that I get a knee support bandage and do not try to run again without it. So I bought one this morning and will try it tomorrow. It feels very supportive on my knee.

I am really, really nervous about running tomorrow. I'll be sure to post about it when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment