Sunday, October 23, 2011

Marathon Training Recap: Week 19

Here is what this week of training looked like:

Monday - 31 minute run
Tuesday - 1000 meter swim
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - 42 minute run
Friday - rest
Saturday - 2.25 mile run
Sunday - rest


At this point, I think rest is what I need more than anything else. I have a little bit of running to do tomorrow afternoon. A local reporter is doing an article on me and my BFF attempting this Marathon Maniac thing and the photographer is going to come take a picture of us running together at the park. But after that, I'm not going to run for the rest of the week until the marathon. At this point, I don't think there is anything that trying to run again will help. I was hoping that a run without feeling any pain would boost my confidence, but that doesn't seem to be happening, so there is no sense making myself upset by testing it out. At this point, it is what it is.

I talked to Coach Bill today and he said to just do lots of walking and take each decision as it comes during the race. Hopefully I will be able to go fast enough for long enough to Beat the Bridge and finish the race. I am trusting in God's plan, whether I complete the marathon or not. One thing is for sure with either scenario: I will have given this endeavor everything I have in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment