Monday, October 24, 2011

The pity-party is over!

I've had a lot of time to think and pray on this matter and I've decided to stop sitting around and thinking, "Woe is me!" and just let this marathon story continue to unfold! I'm going to have a blast this weekend because I've worked hard and put in the training. Hopefully, I will get to the finish line and get my medal. If not, I will be disappointed, but I will know I have given it my best shot and that's all I can ask of myself!

It doesn't do me any good to sit around thinking of what might have been or what should have been or think, "Why does this stuff always happen to me?!" To quote what my husband and I have been jokingly saying back and forth to each other these last two weeks, "It is what it is." It's time to change the only thing that I have in my control: my attitude!

I am blessed that I have been healthy for most of this training!

I am blessed that my aunt and uncle have gone above and beyond to welcome us into their home for 5 days!

I am blessed that my BFF was willing to go along with this crazy idea (which sounded REALLY good 6 months ago LOL)!

I am blessed that my injury is not making it impossible for me to attempt the marathon at all or not be able to travel!

I am blessed that I have the support of my husband, and my mother, and my friends who have done so much to encourage me through this entire process, including the last two excruciatingly emotional weeks!

And lastly, I am blessed that God will let me fuss and yell and be angry at Him, and yet He is still patient and willing to help me work through all of these emotions so He can grant me the peace that only comes from having a relationship with Him!

Ooh-rah!!

1 comment: