Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Some good news, I think

I went to see the Sports Medicine Doctor today. He took three x-rays of my knees, manipulated and poked at my legs, and diagnosed me with "IT Band Syndrome." He prescribed an anti-inflammatory medication and some sessions of physical therapy. I am able to get in two sessions of PT before I leave for MCM, so I'm hoping it will be productive.

He said it's OK to run the marathons but it's going to be painful. I can handle that. I won't be stupid, of course, but it's good to know that I'm not doing permanent damage to my body by continuing to push through.

I will go back and see him in 4 weeks, which will be 2 weeks after the Savannah marathon and 6-ish weeks before Goofy.

I'll update after PT tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Just posted on ROTE to you about this :)

    ReplyDelete