Friday, October 14, 2011

Stretch. Ice. Rest. Repeat.

This is my life:

Stretch.
Ice.
Rest.
Repeat.

It's been beautiful out the last two days. But I don't get to run. I get to:

Stretch.
Ice.
Rest.
Repeat.

I wish I could say that something felt different. It still feels the same, which means that I can walk fine and I get a twinge in my left knee every now and then. But that's the way it was on Wednesday, and during my run the pain came back.

I'm working on thinking positively, though. No, I won't be running 10 miles tomorrow morning. But I am still preparing for the marathon because I'm resting up my knee in the hopes that, come marathon day, I am all healed up and ready to run! I ordered a new pair of shoes, thinking that maybe mine are dead. They shouldn't be, according to mileage (I rotate between 2 pairs of shoes and they each have about 175 mile on them), but I'm willing to give it a chance!

My plan is to try to run Monday morning, but if I'm still feeling twinges then I may wait until the new shoes arrive on Wednesday. I really don't know yet. Part of me wants to go ahead and try to run, that way if I have to go see about getting a knee brace, I will have plenty of time to do so. But the other part of me is just plain afraid to try to run again, not only physically but emotionally.

But like I said, I'm trying to remain positive. I'm praying that God is going to heal my knee, or in some other way enable me to run again and take part in these races. And at the same time, I am trying to remember that if something happens and I am unable to complete these races, that it will be OK. God has a plan for my life, even when it comes to running! I'm going to trust in Him to work out the details!

No comments:

Post a Comment