Thursday, November 3, 2011

Recovery

The recovery from MCM is going fairly well, for all parts of me except the IT Bands. I am actually quite surprised at how good I feel after having just run a marathon a few days ago. I supposed that's because I was going so slowly during the whole thing - and walking the last 4 miles.

But my knees are still bothering me quite a bit. I got a foam roller on Tuesday when I went in to get my 26.2 sticker for my car, and I rolled for the first time yesterday. That was pure torture!! But it really helped... for a few hours. I still feel pain on my outer knee when I walk and when I extend my knee.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about running Savannah on Saturday. I wish the race were next weekend. I think that I would have a good chance of being healed up enough to even walk that race if I just had an extra week. But I don't know if I will be able to do it in 2 days. I am still going to go down there and pick up my number. My BFF is going to be able to run, so if nothing else I can cheer her on.

I'm very sad right now and disappointed. But I don't want to risk further damage and extend my already long recovery time. I am going to talk to my PT about it today when I have my next appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment