Saturday, December 24, 2011

Goofy Challenge Training - Week 3

This is the last of the "big push" before Marathon Weekend! I felt good all week! My left thigh has been a little tight the last couple of days but I think that's because of the increase in the mileage that I've been doing.

Monday - 30 minute run; 15 minute warm-up/cool-down walk
Tuesday - 1600 mile swim
Wednesday - Yoga Conditioning for Athletes
Thursday - 60 minute elliptical; Daily Yoga
Friday - 30 minute recumbent bike; 10 minute cool-down walk; Daily Yoga
Saturday - 10 mile elliptical; 10 minute cool-down walk; Daily Yoga
Sunday - The Athlete's Guide to Yoga (planned)

I also did weights on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Just a little bit to help with the leg strength for the IT Bands. I'll do more weights after Goofy. I had my Weekly massage on Wednesday and I think that's really helping. She still bruises me now and then, but that's more because I bruise easily and not because she's too rough. 

Now I will institute a taper of sorts. I have been feeling really good and my recovery seems to be going very well. I think it will be a good idea to take things down a notch or two and rest up the legs before the challenge! I don't think there is anything else to be gained from pushing more at this point. I'll rest up, keeping moving daily, and see how it all plays out!

Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, or Happy Holiday everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment