Monday, December 5, 2011

Goofy Training Run #2

This morning I went out for a second run since Steve told me last week that it's time to run again. I was really not looking forward to it, and had a rough time sleeping last night in anticipation. But I got myself out of bed and did my rolling and my PT stretches, and was grateful that it was around 50 degrees this morning instead of in the 30s.

I found a page on Jeff Galloway's site that is related to dealing with IT Band injuries. He talks about staying below the threshold of irritation. So, since my last run was discomfort doing a 3/1 interval, I decided today to do a 2/1 interval. It seemed to work! I didn't feel any twinges until around 12 minutes into the 30 minute workout. And then it didn't really even get to a level of discomfort until about 24-25 minutes. That's really great!

I came in and stretched a lot and rested a bit and it seems to be OK. It's a little stiff and cranky, but I think that's because I've been sitting down for awhile. Once I get moving around again, I hope it will go back to normal. I'll do some rolling and stretching again today, as usual, and that is sure to help!

One thing that amazes me is how tired my legs are after such a short run. I don't know if it's all the stretching that's making my legs so tired. Or what is going on. But you'd think I ran 10-15 miles or something the way my legs are feeling! I guess I've lost a lot of fitness. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment