Thursday, December 8, 2011

Jump Rope

"Up - Down - Up- Down - Up - Down - Up - Down- Yeah! It will get hard. Remember, life's like a jump rope."

That's the chorus from one of my favorite band's songs! And it reflects well on my state of mind lately! I posted a few days ago that, "When my mind is clear..." I am able to keep all of these struggles lately in perspective. But, unfortunately, I struggle with keeping my mind clear. This is one of my major character faults, but it has gotten better. Some days are just harder than others.

This week on Tuesday I joined a gym. I had a free month coupon on my grocery store receipt at Thanksgiving and figured this would be a good way to test out a local gym near my house. My receipt was so long that there were actually two of these free month coupons on it, so I took my BFF with me so I wouldn't have to walk in alone!It's a nice place and the manager is very sweet. I did the recumbent bike the first day, and the elliptical the next day! I did arms and abs that first day as well, and legs yesterday. It was great, but a little weird to be in the gym after so long. But this will be good for me to get in some cardio without aggravating my ITBS. I think unless something goes wonky during the next few weeks, I will join this gym so I can keep up cardio while I am in my two month hiatus from running.

Yesterday I had my last PT session. I can't say enough how much I appreciated that entire place - the whole staff was so awesome and especially my PT, Steve. He gave me a lot of stretches to do, and some exercises for the gym machines, and told me to stop by after the race and let him know how it went! He also told me that he thinks I'm ahead of the game as far as my recovery, which was encouraging, considering how slowly this seems to be going for me.

Bib numbers were released yesterday for Marathon Weekend, and I learned to my dismay that you wear the same bib for Goofy on both days! So everyone will know I'm trying for Goofy, and it will be embarrassing like it was at Savannah when I had on a full bib but did the half course. UGH. None of this is turning out the way I had envisioned. I guess that's life, though. :) It's like a jump rope!

Four weeks from today I will be waking up at Disney World!


No comments:

Post a Comment