Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Running (mostly) without pain!

Yesterday was my weekly run. It was a bitterly cold, windy, and damp morning. As would figure, the coldest day in the forecast for the whole week. My BFF told me that if I want to run in the sun, I may have to be more flexible with my schedule! But it took a great deal of planning to get my training schedule worked out, and I am hesitant to mess with it! :D

I did my 5 minute warm-up, but I should use that term lightly because I was definitely not 'warmed up' by the time it was over. I think the next time if it's cold I may walk for 10 minutes. Then I did the 2/1 interval again which had been successful last week. This time around, I had no twinging at all until around 24-25 minutes into the 30 minute session! That was more than twice as long as last week! In fact, I was considering going an extra 10 minutes, but then I began to feel some twinges and decided to stop at 30 minutes as planned. I did a cool down walk for 10 minutes after the intervals were done. I didn't get any discomfort at all until I got back home, and then it went away quickly once I began to roll and stretch. I had a little twinge of discomfort a couple of times during the day in my knees, and for some reason part of my right quad was twinging as well, but nothing bad.

I was incredibly tired yesterday, though. Not sure why it was so bad, except maybe all of the work I'm doing in the gym is starting to catch up with me. I've not done much in the way of cardio work except for swimming for the last month or so. And then I added running, walking, bike, and elliptical all at once. I hope that's the case. I'm only going to add a little distance/time this week to the elliptical in an effort to be a little more prepared for marathon weekend.

I'm trying not to be nervous. I'm doing all I can do prepare myself. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment