Friday, December 9, 2011

Weak legs

Today after my swim, I stopped by the gym to do some more of the leg workouts that Steve set up for me. He wants me to do 2 sets of 30 reps. Now, maybe it's just me... but that is a LOT of reps. I knew I was going to have to go down low on the weight to make that many reps. But I was shocked at just how low.

The adductor machine (I hope that's correct - it's the one where you push IN, I'm not supposed to do the other one) wasn't too bad. I did about 60 pounds, and I can see going up soon to higher weight.

But the leg curls? The ones where you sit with knees bent and lift up, or the ones where you sit with legs out and press down?? 10 pounds!!!!

No, that's not a typo! 10 pounds. And I was hurting at the end of each set and having to take breaks. It was pathetic!!

Steve told me that IT Band trouble is a combination of a lack of flexibility and strength. Wow.  It's amazing to me that my legs can run so much and still be so fundamentally weak. :(

Time to remedy that!

No comments:

Post a Comment