Sunday, January 22, 2012

Goofy Recovery: Week 2

Here is what my recovery looked like this past week:

Monday - Yoga Conditioning for Athletes (60 minutes)
Tuesday - 1000m swim; 8 minute yoga cool-down
Wednesday - Athlete's Guide to Yoga, Flexibility (49 minutes)
Thursday - 1100m swim; 8 minute yoga cool-down
Friday - rest
Saturday - Yoga for the Warrior (60 minutes)
Sunday - Athlete's Guide to Yoga, Flexibility (49 minutes)


I am feeling much better, and I think it's all because of relaxing more when I am stretching, rolling, and doing yoga. I have been able to drive without my left knee twinging which is incredible - first time in 2 and a half months! The only thing I'm feeling at all is the occasional pain/twinge on the front side of my right knee. I really believe it's related to the tightness in my right hamstring and how it all pulls through the knee when I am stretching. And hopefully with that relaxation I'm working on, that will diminish as well.

I'm looking forward to returning to the gym this week! I'm going to add a couple of days of cycling along with a small amount of weights.  I hope I missed all of the New Years Resolution-ers while I've been recovering. LOL

I think if all of the twinges are gone,  I will run/walk at the park next Saturday! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment