Monday, January 16, 2012

Random aches and pains

I wish I could explain what is going on with my body right now. I seem to wake up with a different ache and/or pain each day. Last night as I was trying to go to sleep, I rolled over (the wrong way I guess) and my left hamstring seized up on me. My dad gets "charley horse" pains and even though I'm not sure if you get those in your hamstrings - when I felt the pain that was the first thing I thought of. Once I could move, I got up and tried to relax the muscle and stretch it out a little. That worked and within 10 minutes or so it was fine again.

And then this morning I woke up with right knee pain on the front of the knee below the knee cap. Oh, so much fun.

And, as if to add salt to the wound, while doing lessons with my kids (which involved a lot of sitting up in a hard chair), some strange muscle on the front inside of my leg would just randomly start twitching.

I feel like I'm completely falling apart! And with my 40th birthday rapidly approaching, it is not a happy feeling. I have only done stretching, rolling, and yoga since Goofy, and only 3 times on the yoga. Yoga is hard for me, but I try to be careful and not push the poses too much so they don't hurt me. I just don't understand why this is happening. I've been looking on Daily Mile and seeing other Goofy folks reporting their activities and nobody else seems to be experiencing this same thing - which just makes me feel even more like a wimp.

I am wanting to add swimming to the mix this week, so we'll see how it goes today and how I feel when I wake up tomorrow. I am trying so hard to trust God and to be patient! It makes me so upset how I can feel so close to Him and then a week later feel so alone and frustrated again. I'm so disappointed in myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment