Friday, January 13, 2012

So... Now What??

I've completed Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge?? What am I going to do next?!?! (And I just got back from Disney World so I can't say that, although I'm hoping for a return trip with my mom and my girls soon! LOL)

The answer: I have no idea!

For the first time in more than 3 years, I am not registered for any races.

It's sort of freaky, but necessary. I spent all of  my fall race budget (and the winter... and the spring... and the summer...) on Physical Therapy and Sports Massages. It was a necessary thing, and I don't regret it. But it didn't leave anything for future races, and I didn't want to register anyway until I am all healed up. If there is one thing I cannot stand it's wasting money - and having to sit out the Thanksgiving Day Half and the Lanier Under the Lights 5K was awful enough without knowing that I wasted good money on registrations. Knowing how I feel about such things, my husband surprised me with a "Non-Christmas Present" of a Visa Gift Card to use for race entry fees and gear in 2012. :D

But so far I haven't used it. What am I waiting for? Complete healing. I haven't had pain while running in a few weeks now, which is awesome. During Goofy, I even ran on back-to-back days for the first time in 3 months and had no pain. All of those are good signs. But I'm still doing a lot more walking than I am running. I would like to be back to running 3 days a week for 30 minutes at a time before I consider registering for a race. I don't know when that will be, but I am hoping for the Fallen Heroes of Georgia race in March. They offer a 5K or 10K, so I could see how my running is going then and decide. If I don't run that race, then I will volunteer because it is a cause that means a lot to me!

What I'd like to do in 2012 is another sprint tri, few 10ks, and a half marathon. But I'm going to have to see how my body responds to getting back into running before I do any race entries. I'm planning to run again on Monday the 23rd or Tuesday the 24th, depending on the weather and how Goofy recovery is going!


No comments:

Post a Comment