Saturday, January 28, 2012

What Happened to the Week? (and Goofy Recovery: Week 3)

So often this week I thought, "Wow! This would be a great blog topic!"

And now, when I have the time to sit and blog for a moment? Nothing. Can't think of a single thing.

So I'm going to fold some laundry and see if I can get any inspiration. I'll be back. Wait right here.

::insert Final Jeopardy music here::

Back - still got nothing!

Okie doke, guess that means you get "stream of consciousness" blogging today. Sorry about that!

I guess I can go ahead and do my workout report for the week! :)

Monday - recumbent bike (35 minutes)
Tuesday - 1000 m swim
Wednesday - Yoga Conditioning for Athletes (60 minutes)
Thursday - 1000 m swim
Friday - recumbent bike (35 minutes)
Saturday - Yoga for the Warrior (60 minutes)
Sunday - Athlete's Guide to Yoga: Flexibility (49 minutes) PLANNED

This was my last week of "recovery". I added the bike, and if you read my blog earlier this week you know that it didn't go as well as expected. I went again on Friday and toned down my expectations (and my RPMs) and it went better. Yet, my legs were still quite tired. It makes me really apprehensive about my run on Monday.

The swimming and yoga were awesome this week. I have been staying nice and relaxed during yoga and my daily rolling and stretching and it seems to have made all the difference in the world! I'm not feeling anything while I drive now, or when sitting. I have a twinge now and then - and I'm more aware of them now since they aren't a constant thing.

On Wednesday morning, I stopped by the PT's office with Dunkin Donuts Munchkins to show off my medals and thank the staff for their support. I was nervous about going since it had been more than 6 weeks since I had been there - thought maybe they wouldn't recognize me. But they did and it was sort of like being a celebrity. I wish I had brought my camera now, but at the time I was just nervous! :)

Tomorrow I plan to do another round of yoga in the morning to prepare for Monday's run! Praying and hoping that it goes well. I will be attempting to do a 1/1 interval.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment