Sunday, February 26, 2012

Rehab: Week 6

It was a good training week, as you can probably tell from yesterday's post! I did get to run my 3 runs this week and I have been celebrating ever since! The rest of the week looks quite similar to the previous weeks, but here it is anyway:

Monday - 30 minute run (1/1 intervals)*, running yoga mini-workout
Tuesday - 1200 meter swim, swimming yoga mini-workout
Wednesday - 60 minute Yoga Conditioning for Athletes
Thursday - 30 minute run (1/1 intervals)*, running yoga mini-workout
Friday - 40 minute cycling (gym), cycling yoga mini-workout
Saturday - 30 minute run (1/1 intervals)*, running yoga mini-workout
Sunday - 45 minute Athlete's Guide to Yoga, Flexibility

* On the running days, I also did some walking for a warm-up and cool-down. 

My swim workout this week was kind of funny. Last week I had been able to do my 1000 meter swim without breaking it up into two segments. This week I had decided to do the same thing, but when I was done, I had 5 minutes left before I needed to go, so I just kept on swimming. As far as I can remember, this was my longest non-stop swim. And I felt great! I was so proud of myself and I felt sort of cocky! Then Wednesday morning hit... and I could barely lift my arms to wash my hair! LOL So I won't feel so cocky anymore... but I will stick with the 1200 meters for another week or two before I move on up! I think 1500 meter is an olympic distance tri swim. Just sayin...

I have felt fine after yesterday's run. This morning I tweaked the inner part of my left knee during yoga, which is so annoying! Why do I keep hurting myself during yoga of all things?!?! Luckily, I guess, it hurt intensely enough to let me know quickly that I was doing something wrong so I moved out of the pose immediately.  I haven't really felt it for the rest of the day, so I hope it will be OK for my run tomorrow morning.

My plan for this coming week is to just do what I did this past week, and add some leg weights on Tuesday and Thursday. I haven't wanted to add the weights yet while I built up to 3 runs, but my PT told me I need to build strength in my quads, hamstrings, and glutes to support the IT band, and he gave me some exercises to do on the machines, so I will do those now. If all goes well this week, then I will begin to increase the running interval during my runs!! :) Just remembering to be patient and listen to my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment