Monday, March 5, 2012

Rehab: Week 7

Well, this week was a complete bust. Between the "mystery pain" on Monday and being sick Friday - Sunday (and into today), I wasn't able to run 3 times again like I had planned. It was such a bummer, especially with my first 5K coming up in 2 weeks.

Monday - rest (mystery foot pain)
Tuesday - 1200 meter swim; swimming mini-yoga; leg weights at gym
Wednesday - 60 minutes Yoga Conditioning for Athletes
Thursday - 30 minute run (1/1 intervals); running mini-yoga
Friday - sick
Saturday - sick
Sunday - sick

Oh, how disappointing!! I was really looking forward to running 3 times this week, and that was immediately destroyed by Monday's foot pain. So then I was hoping for 2 runs, but that was destroyed by coming down with this nasty cold/sinus thing. Usually if the congestion is only in my head, I will run anyway since I have to breathe through my mouth to run. But this stuff has a horrible headache component to it that held me hostage all weekend. I couldn't even do my stretches on Sunday because it hurt too badly to move!

For what it's worth, Thursday's run was glorious! It felt so good and I really felt strong and didn't have but just one or two twinges the entire time! One thing I did notice on Saturday, is that I didn't really feel ANYTHING in my left knee while I was driving to and from my daughter's birthday party (which I felt OK for, actually, but it was at an ice-skating rink and when I got home I was oozing from every opening in my head so I think the cold air made it much worse for me). Lately I hadn't been feeling pain when I drive but I felt 'something', so this would be cool if it means I am able to kick out the last of the ITBS pain. Who knows, maybe these 4-5 days off will end up making a big difference?!

Regardless, now I will have to adjust my expectations for the next two weeks leading up to the 5K. I am going to try to get in 2 runs this week. If I can, then I will shoot for 3 runs next week, with the 3rd being the 5K race that Saturday. And I will stick to the 1/1 intervals for the 5K, even though I was hoping to be doing a 2/1 by then at least. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Excuse me while I have a little temper tantrum. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Pooh. Pooh. Pooh. Grr. Grr. Grr.

Ok, all done. :) It's just a little setback.




No comments:

Post a Comment