Monday, March 12, 2012

Rehab: Week 8

Hard to believe it's only been 8 weeks since Goofy! It seems like it was forever ago! I just got my Photopass picture CD and it really just feels like it was forever ago!

Monday - sick
Tuesday - Yoga Conditioning for Athletes (60 minutes)
Wednesday - 30 minute run (1/1 intervals); 15 minute walking Warm-up/Cool-down; 8 minute Yoga
Thursday - 45 minute bike ride; 7 minute yoga; leg machines
Friday - 1200 yard swim; 8 minute yoga
Saturday - 30 minute run (1/1 intervals); 15 minute walking Warm-up/Cool-down; 8 minute Yoga
Sunday - Athlete's Guide to Yoga (49 minutes)


Workouts went OK last week once I felt better. I added some weight training back in and it felt really good, but I'm not exactly sure when I should be doing it and how much. I am also going to read The New Rules of Lifting for Women and see if that will help me to figure out the "what", "when", and "how much" for adding in some strengthening. 

I'll be taking some time off from the pool. My right arm/shoulder has been bothering me for the last few days. It only hurts when I am rotating my arm and only in one particular part of the movement - think the "coming out of the water" part of the freestyle stroke. My guess is that I did too much, too fast when I switched abruptly from swimming a broken 1000 m to a continuous 1200 m. @@ So I will rest from swimming, and when I do go back, I will swim my broken sets again and build up slowly into a continuous set. Like a smart person. I'll also be more diligent about stretching my arms and shoulders before and after I swim. And I'll be sure to do some more strength work for my upper body. You know... like a smart person. Because I'm tired of things hurting.




No comments:

Post a Comment