Sunday, April 29, 2012

The rest week that was anything but restful! :)

I took off all of last week from running and BBL. Why, you may ask?

Because I went to DISNEY WORLD (and Universal Studios... and Legoland!)! My mom, my girls, and I all have birthdays within 5 weeks of each other, and since the girls birthdays were special ones (10 and 13) and mine was "special" @@, my mom took us on an awesome trip!

Usually I run when I'm at Disney, but since we weren't staying just at Disney this time and I'm not familiar with the area around Legoland or Universal, I decided this would be a good time to rest. It was SO hard. The resort we stayed at for Universal not only had a fitness center... it also had a lovely jogging trail. Ugh! And then, of course, I love running at Port Orleans Resort along the path that parallels the river. I would see joggers out every single day and it was so hard.

But in the end, it worked out OK. We did a lot (LOT!!!!) of walking at the parks, and I didn't have to worry about having really tired legs or getting up super early and trying not to wake everyone. I did eat every.single.thing in sight, however! LOL I made some good choices, and some poor choices - but it was vacation, after all.

Now it's time to get back to business tomorrow: running and BBL. I have 2 weeks left of the program and I'm anxious to see how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a busy and wonderful vacation. Thank you so much for referring me to the strength running blog, I have been doing his excercises since finding it and took your advice for the 1/1 intervals. I believe I have turned a corner in my recovery! Things are going very well. I was able to interval run/walk the other day with no pain at all, 40 minutes. Tomorrow I think I may try 2/1 intervals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, reading this really made my day! I am so glad for you! Remember to stay under the threshold of irritation, so if you up the intervals and start to feel anything, back off to 1/1 again! SO happy you're seeing positive results!!

      Delete