Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Splish Splash

Just a quick post before I hit the bed... but I wanted to share that I went back to the pool today! I cannot believe how nervous I was! I didn't sleep well last night and had a few unpleasant dreams about swimming.

But I got the swimsuit on and went to the pool anyway.

I planned to do around 500 meters (10 laps) broken into small segments. I didn't want to push anything. I ended up doing 6 sets of 100 meters, which was a little more than planned. I felt some twinges in my arm/shoulder now and then, but nothing too bad. I checked out a DVD about freestyle the Total Immersion way, and I watched the first couple of lessons yesterday. I had to modify them a bit due to the lap lanes being in the deep end, but I did some of the drills. That seemed to help my shoulder a bit. And I didn't really feel anything going on in my shoulder the rest of the day, which is good.

I am going to be hit or miss for the pool over the craziness that is the month of June. I'm going to shoot for Tuesdays but I may be taking a dance class on Monday nights that would take over my Tuesday cross-training. I'm not concerned about that, really. Now that I've been back to the pool, I know that I can build back up (especially a sprint distance) in probably a few months if I wanted to. And more time to rest/stretch/strengthen my shoulder in the meantime can only help.

I am starting to feel like I'm almost whole again!

No comments:

Post a Comment