Thursday, May 17, 2012

You've GOT to be kidding me?!

I've kept only the slightest bit of interest in the Disney Marathon Weekend for 2013 - and most of it has been out of curiosity for the cool changes runDisney has promised for the 20th anniversary running of the full marathon.

I knew there was an announcement scheduled for today, but I also know that I have so many friends who are Disney running fanatics... the news would trickle down to me via Facebook or Running of the Ears.

And it did.




They are making some changes to the course... taking it through both the Wide World of Sports (and through the stadium where the Atlanta Braves play their spring training games) and around the Walt Disney World Speedway..

 WHAT?!?!?!?

Um, now you may not be aware of this... but I'm a pretty big baseball fan. And a pretty big Nascar fan.

Yeah. Wow.

I have vowed never again to run a full marathon. Ever. Never. Ever. Never... never... never... never.

This is a problem. 

5 comments:

  1. There is a crew of us who plans to run/walk and take up the back of the pack...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, that's how I'd have to do it. If I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not going to poke you any more about this :) I saw enough ribbing on ROTE! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why would you do it? Would it make you happy? And as always...Follow. The. Penguin. That is all.

    ReplyDelete