Friday, July 13, 2012

Another milestone run!

I ran 8 miles tonight!!

It's been a long time since I can claim that sort of mileage! It was 3/2 intervals tonight, which actually seemed very easy. I found myself looking down at my watch wondering when it would be time to run again. That's always a cool feeling. 

I had been looking forward to this run a lot. I remember very clearly the first time I ever ran 8 miles. You can even read a little bit about it here. I remember the overwhelming sense of accomplishment and pride that I felt. I stopped in the middle of the trail and lifted my arms into the air and yelled, "I did it!" I was wondering if I would feel something similar this time, especially considering I would be at the same park. 

The answer is no. LOL I did the miles, and my legs definitely felt tired as I got towards the end. But my Garmin registered 8.00 and I pushed the "STOP" button and that was that. I didn't feel anything except the usual pleasure at having completed my long run. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing... it's just sort of funny!

Here is something funny, though:

I just looked up the statistics from my Garmin and I completed this 8 mile run 35 seconds faster than my very first one. That doesn't sound like too much until you consider that the first one was running straight through. This one was running 3 minutes and then walking 2 minutes continually. I am actually faster now even with the walking?? How ironic! 


No comments:

Post a Comment