Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'm a Brick. House.

Today I got on the bike again... took it to a different park and tried to ride. But this trail is very curvy and I spent most of my time braking. So I took to the large parking lot and did zigzags for 30 minutes. Lots of fun! LOL But I did my last mile at 14 mph which is good for me! :)

When I got off the bike, my legs felt funky so I decided to walk it out. And then, in a moment of craziness, I decided that since I was going to walk, I may as well try to run. What could happen? If it didn't work, I would just walk again. So I wasn't out anything. Well, I ended up doing my 4/1 intervals(4 minutes of running/1 minute of walking) for 1.1 miles! I had forgotten how heavy the legs feel when you are running off the bike! LOL And it was worse this time because my Brooks Launch shoes are very lightweight so my feet felt like they were wearing clown shoes and I was clodhopping my way around the park. But I averaged just under 11:00/mile so it couldn't have been all that bad!

And that's how I did a Baby Brick today! I'm trying not to get too excited, but it seems that things are falling into place. Today I sold my bib for next month's half marathon, so now I can apply that money towards the triathlon entry fee if I so desire. I just need a little more time before I pull the trigger. Yeah, I have to admit to being nervous about jumping into it. But I will keep praying and seeing how my training will go and hopefully I will have a peace about it so I can go ahead and register.

I am still feeling very good so far. This weekend will be a good test when I have to run-bike-run on consecutive days. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment